- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 0.18g
Tuna steaks with cucumber relish
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- tuna-steak - 4 tuna steaks, about 140g/5oz each
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- tomato - 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- chilli - 1/2 large red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- Put the oil into a food bag and add the tuna steaks. Rub well together and leave for 30 mins while you make the relish. Peel the cucumber, halve lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Chop the flesh into a small dice. Mix with the rest of the ingredients, seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- To griddle: heat the pan to hot, then cook the steaks, turning after 2 mins, and cooking for another 2 mins each side depending on the thickness of the steaks. Meaty fish is best served slightly 'pink'. Remove the steaks from the heat allow to stand for 3-5 mins, then spoon over the relish and serve.
Paleo recipe for 4 people, takes only 3 mins; recipe has olive oil, tuna steak, cucumber, spring onion, tomato, chilli, olive oil, parsley and lemon juice.