- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 644
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 72g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Turkey burgers with sweet potato chips
- mince - 500g turkey thigh mince
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- cheddar - 85g cheddar, grated
- sweet-potato - 1kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into chips
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- roll - 4 soft wholemeal rolls
- cucumber - 1/4 x cucumber (or 1 small Lebanese cucumber), thinly sliced
- tomato-ketchup - tomato ketchup
- salad - salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the turkey mince in a large bowl, with the spring onions, cheddar and some seasoning. Mix well, then shape into 4 even-sized burgers. Chill for 15 mins.
- Put the sweet potato chips on a large non-stick baking tray, and toss in 2 tbsp of the oil and some salt. Cook in the oven for 30 mins, turning halfway through.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 10 mins until golden. Turn over and repeat for the other side until they are cooked through. Split the rolls, place a burger into each with some sliced cucumber and a dollop of ketchup, and serve alongside the sweet potato chips and salad, if you like.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has mince, spring onion, cheddar, sweet potato, olive oil, roll, cucumber, tomato ketchup and salad.