- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 179
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.17g
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- porridge-oat - 85g porridge oats
- turkey - 450g/1lb minced turkey
- dried-apricot - 100g dried apricot, finely chopped
- carrot - 1 large carrot, grated
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- cucumber - rolls and cucumber slices, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the oats and fry for 2 mins more. Tip into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooled mixture and mix well with your hands. Season to taste and shape into 8 patties.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and sear the burgers on each side until well coloured (3-4 mins). Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10-15 mins. Serve in rolls with Tangy tomato chutney (see 'goes well with') and cucumber slices.
- For the chutney heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add 1 finely chopped onion. Cook for 5 mins until softened. Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove and cook for a further min. Add 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste, a 400g can good-quality chopped tomatoes and a pinch of sugar. Gently cook for 20-25 mins until rich and thick. Season to taste, then leave to cool before serving.
High protein lunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, porridge oat, turkey, dried apricot, carrot, egg and cucumber.