- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 410
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Turkey chilli jacket potatoes
- baking-potato - 4 large baking potatoes
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- turkey-mince - 300g turkey mince
- smoked-paprika - 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ground-cumin - 1 tbsp ground cumin
- cider-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- brown-sugar - 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- passata - 350ml passata
- red-leicester - reduced-fat Red Leicester, grated, to serve
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, chopped, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all over. Rub with a little of the oil, and bake for 45 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the chilli. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and some seasoning, and cook for 5 mins until soft. Add the turkey mince and season again, then increase the heat and break up the mince with the back of your spoon. When it's cooked through, add the spices, vinegar, sugar and passata. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 mins or until the liquid has reduced.
- Cut a cross in the top of each potato and spoon in the chilli. Serve each potato sprinkled with cheese and spring onions.
Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has baking potato, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, turkey mince, smoked paprika, ground cumin, cider vinegar, brown sugar, passata, red leicester and spring onion.