- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 330
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Turkey meatball Caesar salad
- turkey - 500g pack lean minced turkey see tip, below
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- chive - small pack chives snipped
- buttermilk - 125ml buttermilk
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pecorino - 4 tbsp grated pecorino or Parmesan, plus extra to serve (optional)
- tabasco-sauce - 2 shakes Tabasco sauce
- worcestershire-sauce - 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ciabatta - 1 small ciabatta roll, chopped or torn into chunks
- lemon-juice - squeeze lemon juice
- cos-lettuce - 2 Cos lettuces
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 6. In a bowl, mix the mince, onion, half the chives, 1 tbsp of the buttermilk, the garlic, 2 tbsp of the Parmesan, half the Tabasco and half the Worcestershire sauce with some seasoning. Shape into about 20 small meatballs (lightly oiled hands will make this easier).
- Arrange the turkey balls in a single layer in a roasting tin and cook for 10 mins. Remove, turn the turkey balls and arrange the bread chunks in between. Cook for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, tip the rest of the buttermilk into a bowl with the remaining Parmesan, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and the lemon juice. Season and mix. Put the lettuce on top, toss together just before serving and divide between plates. Top with some meatballs and baked croutons, then sprinkle with chives. Serve with extra Parmesan, if you like.
Light supper recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has turkey, onion, chive, buttermilk, garlic clove, pecorino, tabasco sauce, worcestershire sauce, ciabatta, lemon juice and cos lettuce.