- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 310
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 1.9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 0.22g
Turkey steaks with citrus & ginger sauce
- cornflour - 2 tsp cornflour
- turkey - 4 quick-cook turkey breast steaks, weighing about 300g/10oz total
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- orange - 3 oranges, juice of 2 and one peeled and cut into segments
- ginger - 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- clear-honey - 1 tsp clear honey
- grapefruit - 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- chive - 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives or chopped parsley
- rice - wild or long grain rice and steamed broccoli, to serve
- Sprinkle a teaspoon cornflour onto a plate, then press the turkey steaks into the cornflour to dust them lightly. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, until it is really hot. Add the turkey and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden on both sides - cook in batches if need be. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the orange juice, ginger and honey to the pan. Gently bring to the boil. Mix the remaining cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir into the sauce. Keep stirring on a gentle heat until thickened and syrupy, like a sweet and sour sauce. Season.
- Return the turkey to the pan. Add the orange and grapefruit segments and heat through gently. Scatter over chives or parsley and serve straight away with rice and broccoli.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cornflour, turkey, sunflower oil, orange, ginger, clear honey, grapefruit, chive and rice.