- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 369
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
Turkey tortilla pie
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra if needed
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- turkey-mince - 500g pack turkey mince
- chipotle-paste - 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle paste
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- sweetcorn - 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- tortilla - 2 corn tortillas, snipped into triangles
- cheddar - small handful grated cheddar
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- In a deep flameproof casserole dish, cook the onions in the oil for 8 mins until soft. Add the cumin and cook for 1 min more. Stir in the mince and add a bit more oil, if needed. Turn up the heat and cook for 4-6 mins, stirring occasionally, until the mince is browned.
- Stir in the chipotle paste, tomatoes and half a can of water, and simmer for 5 mins. Mix in the beans and sweetcorn, and cook for a few mins more until thick, piping hot and the mince is cooked.
- Heat the grill. Take the pan off the heat and put the tortilla triangles randomly on top. Scatter over the cheese and grill for a few mins until the topping is crisp, taking care that it doesn't burn. Sprinkle with the spring onions and serve.
Healthy mince recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil, ground cumin, turkey mince, chipotle paste, chopped tomato, kidney bean, sweetcorn, tortilla, cheddar and spring onion.