- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 100
- Fat Content: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 0.2g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Turkish coffee sour
- coffee - 2 tbsp coffee grounds
- cardamom-pod - 5 cardamom pods, bruised (plus 2 to garnish)
- lemon-peel - strip of lemon peel
- clove - 2 cloves
- cinnamon-stick - 1 cinnamon stick
- egg-white - 20g egg whites
- rum - 75ml spiced rum
- lemon-juice - 25ml lemon juice
- angostura-bitters - Angostura bitters (optional)
- Put the coffee grounds in a pan with 250ml water. Add the cardamom pods, lemon peel, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil, then strain though a sieve lined with 2 pieces of kitchen paper. Leave to cool.
- Pour 50ml of the coffee mixture into a cocktail shaker filled with ice then add the egg white, spiced rum and lemon juice. Shake hard for 1-2 mins then double strain into 2 coupe or martini glasses. Decorate with another cardamom pod and a few drops of Angostura bitters if you like.
Rum cocktail recipe for 2 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has coffee, cardamom pod, lemon peel, clove, cinnamon stick, egg white, rum, lemon juice and angostura bitters.