- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 439
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Turkish pizza with spiced pomegranate beef & feta
- bread - 500g pack bread mix
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil, plus a little extra for the dough
- onion - 2 medium onions, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- minced-beef - 250g extra-lean minced beef
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- ground-cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- chilli-flakes - 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- tomato-puree - 5 tbsp tomato puree
- pomegranate-molasses - 6 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- pickled-cherry-peppers - 400g pickled cherry peppers, roughly chopped
- feta-cheese - 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- pine-nuts - 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Mix the dough following pack instructions (leave about 2 tbsp of the bread mix in the bag for dusting and rolling out later). Knead for 8-10 mins, then coat the dough in oil, place in a large bowl and cover. Leave to rise until doubled in size. The warmer your kitchen is, the faster it will rise, but generally it should take 1-2 hrs.
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9 (or the highest setting). Sprinkle 2 baking trays with a little of the reserved flour and place in the oven to heat up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan until hot. Add the onions and garlic, and cook for a few mins until softened. Add the beef and let it brown for about 5 mins, breaking up the mince as it cooks. Pour off any excess oil. Add the spices, chilli, 2 tbsp of the tomato puree, 5 tbsp of the pomegranate molasses and some seasoning. Cook for 1 min, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Sprinkle the remaining flour over a work surface and roll out the dough, each to about 25cm across. Remove the trays from the oven and place 2 pizza bases on each (you'll need to cook in batches). Spread the remaining tomato puree on each base. Top with the meat mixture, peppers, feta and pine nuts. Cook for 10 mins or until the bases are cooked through and golden brown around the edges. Drizzle over the remaining pomegranate molasses and serve.
Turkish recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has bread, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, minced beef, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, chilli flakes, tomato purée, pomegranate molasses, pickled cherry peppers, feta cheese and pine nuts.