- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 128
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Turkish-style sharing bread
- ciabatta-bread-mix - 500g pack ciabatta bread mix
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, quartered
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- cumin - 1 tsp cumin
- chilli-powder - 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- flat-leaf-parsley - handful flat-leaf parsley
- tomato-paste - 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- lamb-mince - 250g lamb mince
- baba-ganoush - 150g pot baba ganoush
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, cut into thin rings
- red-wine-vinegar - 50ml red wine vinegar
- pine-nuts - 50g toasted pine nuts
- flat-leaf-parsley - 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Make the ciabatta bread dough following pack instructions. Once it has risen, knock it back by punching some of the air out and kneading it a little. Roll into an oval shape (approx 35 x 25cm) and place on a large baking tray. Lightly brush the whole surface with olive oil and cover with cling film. Leave to prove for 30 mins while you make the topping.
- Put all the topping ingredients, except the lamb, in a small food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Tip into a large bowl, mix in the lamb, season well, then squish everything together with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Chill until needed.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a small saucepan, heat the red onion rings with the vinegar and 1 tbsp water until really soft, then leave to cool.
- Dot the surface of the dough with the lamb topping - gently press it down with your fingers to spread it evenly over the surface, but try not to press too much air out of the dough. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the base is risen and golden, and the meat is cooked through and caramelised at the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Stir together the baba ganoush, lemon juice and olive oil, then pop in the fridge until serving.
- Once the bread is baked, transfer to a wooden board. Drain the onions in a metal sieve and scatter over the bread. Drizzle over the baba ganoush dressing, leaving some on the side as a dip, then sprinkle over the pine nuts and parsley. Serve warm.
Buffet recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has ciabatta bread mix, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, cinnamon, cumin, chilli powder, flat-leaf parsley, tomato paste, lamb mince, baba ganoush, lemon, olive oil, red onion, red wine vinegar, pine nuts and flat-leaf parsley.