- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 599
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fat Content: 50g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- turnip - 750g turnips, peeled and sliced
- butter - 20g butter, plus extra for greasing
- onion - 1 large onion, sliced
- lardon - 200g smoked bacon lardons
- thyme - 1 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- creme-fraiche - 200ml creme fraiche
- reblochon - 240g Reblochon, rind and all, chopped into chunks
- green-salad - green salad and cornichons, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the turnips and cook for 6 mins until just tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 mins, then tip in the bacon and cook for a further 8 mins until it is crisp and the onions are golden. Stir through the thyme.
- Lightly butter a medium, overproof casserole dish. Cover the base with half the turnips, then spoon over half each of the onion mixture, creme fraiche and cheese. Season, then repeat the layers. Bake in the oven for 25 mins until bubbling and deeply golden. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then serve with a green salad and some cornichons.
Turnip Tartiflette is one of the highly suggested recipes for health conscious people around the globe for it’s wonderful taste and benefits – it helps in protecting cardiovascular system, reducing the risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, it’s good for hairs and skin, reduces anemia and prevents Osteoporosis. It’s a Posh budget recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins and it has turnip, butter, onion, lardon, thyme, crème fraîche, reblochon and green salad.