- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 198
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.3g
- Fat Content: 9.2g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 2.1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 16.4g
Tutti frutti Christmas pies
- dried-apricot - 50g ready-to-eat dried apricot, finely chopped
- pecan - 25g pecan, finely chopped
- date - 30g pitted dried date, finely chopped
- dried-cranberries - 50g sweetened dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- granny-smith - 2 medium Granny Smiths, peeled, cored and very finely chopped or grated
- sugar - 50g light brown sugar
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- butter - 25g butter, melted and cooled
- cherry-brandy - 2 tbsp cherry brandy or orange juice
- plain-flour - 250g plain flour
- icing-sugar - 40g icing sugar
- butter - 125g butter
- marzipan - 150g white marzipan
- caster-sugar - icing sugar or caster sugar, for spinkling
- To make the filling put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well together. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- To make the pastry put the flour, icing sugar and butter into a food processor and using the pulse button, process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 8-9 tsp's cold water and process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thickness and cut out rounds big enough to fully line your tart tin. Fill each tart with a heaped teaspoonful of the fruit mixture. Roll out the marzipan and using a 4cm round cutter, stamp out 18 rounds. Place one on each of the tarts. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 mins until crisp and golden brown. Sprinkle with icing or caster sugar before serving warm.
Mince pies recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has dried apricot, pecan, date, dried cranberries, granny smith, sugar, ground cinnamon, butter, cherry brandy, plain flour, icing sugar, butter, marzipan and caster sugar.