- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 287
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 0.4g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.44g
- butter - 120g butter, softened
- caster-sugar - 120g caster sugar
- egg - 1 egg
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- self-raising-flour - 120g self-raising flour
- butter - 140g butter, softened
- icing-sugar - 275g icing sugar
- milk - 1-2 tbsp milk
- food-colouring - A few drops of food colouring (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in abowluntil pale. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and mix into the butter mixture along with the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are three quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then place on awire rack.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar with 1 tbsp milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add food colouring (optional) and mix well.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and add a nozzle of your choice. Pipe in a swirl motion and then enjoy!
Cupcake recipe for 6 – 12 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, caster sugar, egg, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, butter, icing sugar, milk and food colouring.