- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 8 - 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 218
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Vegan banana bread
- banana - 3 large black bananas
- vegetable-oil - 75g vegetable oil or sunflower oil (weight), plus extra for greasing
- brown-sugar - 100g brown sugar
- plain-flour - 225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- baking-powder - 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- cinnamon - 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- dried-fruit - 50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g vegetable or sunflower oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice, and combine well. Add 50g dried fruit or nuts, if using.
- Bake in a greased, lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It's delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.
Easy vegan recipe for 8 – 10 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has banana, vegetable oil, brown sugar, plain flour, baking powder, cinnamon and dried fruit.Add to Favourites