- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 367
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 17g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- sweet-potatoes - 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- celery-stick - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-powder - 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- chopped-tomatoes - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- black-beans - 400g can black beans, drained
- kidney-beans - 400g can kidney beans, drained
- lime-wedges - lime wedges, guacamole, coriander and rice to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato chunks in aroasting tinand drizzle over 1 1/2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin. Give everything a good mix so that all the chunks are coated in spices, season with salt and pepper then roast for 25 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a largesaucepanover a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until soft then crush in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the remaining dried spices and tomato puree. Give everything a good mix and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the red pepper, chopped tomatoes and 200ml of water. Bring the chilli to a boil then simmer for 20 mins. Tip in the beans and cook for another 10 mins before adding the sweet potato. Season to taste then serve with lime wedges, guac, rice and coriander. Make ahead and freeze for up to 3 months.
Vegetarian chilli recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, ground cumin, onion, carrot, celery stick, garlic clove, chilli powder, oregano, tomato purée, red pepper, chopped tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans and lime wedges.