- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 383
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 42g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Vegan Eton mess
- chickpeas - Drained liquid from a 400g can chickpeas (aquafaba)
- caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- berries - 500g mixed berries
- icing-sugar - 2 tbsp icing sugar
- rose-water - 1/2 tbsp rose water
- yogurt - 400ml vegan coconut yogurt (we used COYO, vanilla flavoured)
- rose-petals - rose petals, to serve
- Heat oven to 110C/90C fan/gas 1 and line a baking tray with parchment. Whisk the drained chickpea liquid with an electricwhiskuntil white, fluffy and just holding its shape - be persistent, this will take longer than you imagine. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until your chickpea meringue reaches stiff peaks. Spoon the vegan meringue onto the baking parchment and bake for 1hr 30 mins, or until they come off the paper easily. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the berries with the icing sugar and rose water. Set aside for 30 mins so the flavours infuse and the berries release some of their juices.
- Put the yogurt into a large bowl, crush in the meringues then stir through 1/3 of the fruit, rippling it through the yogurt. Spoon into 4 serving dishes then top with the remaining fruit and the rose petals.
Summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has chickpeas, caster sugar, berries, icing sugar, rose water, yogurt and rose petals.Add to Favourites