- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 326
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Vegan sausage rolls
- chestnut-mushrooms - 250g chestnut mushrooms
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- leek - 2 leeks, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- sage-leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped sage leaves
- brown-rice-miso - 1 tbsp brown rice miso
- dijon-mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- chestnut - 30g chestnuts, very finely chopped
- breadcrumbs - 70g fresh white breadcrumbs
- puff-pastry - 1 x 320g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (not the all-butter version)
- plain-flour - plain flour for dusting
- milk - dairy-free milk (like soya milk), to glaze
- Tip the mushrooms into afood processorand pulse until they are very finely chopped. Put half the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the leeks along with a pinch of salt and fry gently for 15 mins or until softened and golden brown. Scrape the leeks out of the pan, into a bowl and set aside to cool a little.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 10 mins over a medium heat. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard, and fry for a further minute. Leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the mushroom mixture into the bowl with the leeks, then add the chestnuts and breadcrumbs. Season, then mix everything together until you have a slightly stiff mixture.
- Unravel the pastry on a floured surface, thenroll the pastry outso that one side measures 43 cm. Mould the mushroom and leek mixture into a sausage shape down the centre of the pastry, then bring the pastry up around the filling and seal along the seam with a fork. Cut into ten pieces. Lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush each piece with milk. Bake for 25 mins or until deep, golden brown. Leave to cool a little and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Buffet recipe for 10 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chestnut mushrooms, olive oil, leek, garlic clove, sage leaves, brown rice miso, dijon mustard, chestnut, breadcrumbs, puff pastry, plain flour and milk.Add to Favourites