- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 609
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.87g
Vegan tomato & mushroom pancakes
- self-raising-flour - 140g white self-raising flour
- flour - 1 tsp soya flour
- soya-milk - 400ml soya milk
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- button-mushroom - 250g button mushrooms
- cherry-tomato - 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- soya-milk - 2 tbsp soya cream or soya milk
- pine-nut - large handful pine nuts
- chive - snipped chives, to serve
- Sift the flours and a pinch of salt into a blender. Add the soya milk and blend to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a medium non-stick frying pan until very hot. Pour about 3 tbsp of the batter into the pan and cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake over with a palette knife and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the cooked pancakes warm as you go. You will make about 8.
- For the topping, heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the mushrooms until tender, add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of mins. Pour in the soya cream or milk and pine nuts, then gently cook until combined. Divide the pancakes between 2 plates, then spoon over the tomatoes and mushrooms. Scatter with chives.
Egg-free recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, flour, soya milk, vegetable oil, vegetable oil, button mushroom, cherry tomato, soya milk, pine nut and chive.