- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 361
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.34g
Vegetable & bean chilli
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic - 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- courgette - 2 courgettes, diced
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- chilli-powder - 1 tbsp chilli powder
- red-lentil - 100g red lentils, washed and drained
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sweetcorn - 195g can sweetcorn, drained
- butter-bean - 420g can butter beans, drained
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney beans in water, drained
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the garlic, ginger, onion, courgettes and peppers for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the lentils, tomato puree, tomatoes and 250ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Add the sweetcorn and beans, and cook for a further 10 mins.
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic, ginger, onion, courgette, red pepper, yellow pepper, chilli powder, red lentil, tomato purée, chopped tomato, sweetcorn, butter bean and kidney bean.