- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 483
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 85g
- Sugar Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.61g
Vegetable tagine with almond & chickpea couscous
- shallot - 400g pack shallot, peeled and cut in half
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- butternut-squash - 1 large butternut squash, about 1 1/4 kg/2 lb 12oz, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite size chunks
- cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ground-ginger - 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- vegetable-stock - 450ml strong-flavoured vegetable stock
- prune - 12 small pitted prunes
- clear-honey - 2 tsp clear honey
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- coriander - 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus extra for spinkling
- couscous - 250g couscous
- harissa - 1 tbsp harissa (Moroccan chilli paste)
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- flaked-almond - handful toasted flaked almonds
- Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
- Add the peppers and cook for 8-10 mins until just tender. Stir in the coriander and mint.
- Pour 400ml boiling water over the couscous in a bowl, then stir in the harissa with 1/2 tsp salt. Tip in the chickpeas, then cover and leave for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork and serve with the tagine, flaked almonds and extra mint.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has shallot, olive oil, butternut squash, cinnamon, ground ginger, vegetable stock, prune, clear honey, red pepper, coriander, mint, couscous, harissa, chickpea and flaked almond.