- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Vegetarian sausage rolls
- mushroom - 200g chestnut mushrooms
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- leek - 2 leeks, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- sage - 1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
- brown-rice-miso - 1 tbsp brown rice miso
- dijon-mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- chestnut - 30g chestnuts, very finely chopped
- cheddar - 60g mature cheddar, grated
- breadcrumbs - 70g fresh white breadcrumbs
- puff-pastry - 1 x 320g sheet ready rolled all butter puff pastry
- egg - 1 medium egg, light beaten to glaze
- Put the mushrooms in afood processorand pulse until they're very finely chopped.
- Put half the olive oil in a largefrying panand add the leeks along with a pinch of salt. Fry gently for 15 mins or until softened and golden brown. Scrape the leeks out of the pan and into a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 10 mins over a medium heat. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard and fry for another minute, then leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Combine the mushroom mixture with the leeks in a bowl, add the chestnuts, cheese and breadcrumbs. Season lightly to taste (the miso and leeks will add salt, so don't add too much) and work everything together until you have a slightly stodgy mixture.
- Unravel the puff pastry on a floured surface, thenrollout so one side measures about 40cm. Push the mushroom mixture down the centre of the pastry. Bring the pastry around the mixture and seal the edges with a fork, then cut into 8 pieces. Lay on a lined baking sheet and brush each one with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until deep, golden brown. Allow to cool a little before eating.
Buffet recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has mushroom, olive oil, leek, garlic clove, sage, brown rice miso, dijon mustard, chestnut, cheddar, breadcrumbs, puff pastry and egg.