- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2 as a starter
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 254
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 4.1g
Veggie Chinese pancakes
- mushroom - 200g mushroom, sliced (we used chestnut)
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp soy sauce
- five-spice-powder - 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- rice-wine - 1 tbsp rice wine, preferably Shaohsing
- sesame-oil - 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- pancake - 6 Chinese pancakes
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- cucumber - 5cm length cucumber, deseeded and sliced into matchsticks
- little-gem-lettuce - 1/2 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- hoisin-sauce - 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Heat a small frying pan. Add the mushrooms, soy, five-spice, rice wine, sesame oil and sugar. Stir until the mushrooms are cooked and the sauce is thick, bubbling and clinging to the mushrooms. Warm the pancakes - steam them or heat them in the microwave.
- Serve the mushrooms, spring onions, cucumber, lettuce and hoisin sauce in separate dishes, with the pancakes alongside.
- To assemble, spread a pancake, with a little hoisin sauce. Add some mushrooms, onions, cucumber and lettuce. Fold the pancake and enjoy.
Quick vegetarian recipe for 2 as a starter people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has mushroom, soy sauce, five spice powder, rice wine, sesame oil, sugar, pancake, spring onion, cucumber, little gem lettuce and hoisin sauce.