- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 285
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Walnut & almond muesli with grated apple
- porridge-oats - 85g porridge oats
- flaked-almonds - 15g flaked almonds
- walnut-piece - 15g walnut pieces
- pumpkin-seeds - 15g pumpkin seeds
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- raisins - 80g raisins
- puffed-wheat - 15g high fibre puffed wheat (we used Good Grain)
- apples - 4 apples, no need to peel, grated
- milk - milk, to serve
- Put the porridge oats in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring frequently until they're just starting to toast. Turn off the heat, then add all of the nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon, then stir everything together well.
- Tip into a large bowl, stir to help it cool, then add the raisins and puffed wheat and toss together until well mixed. Tip half into a jar or airtight container and save for another day - it will keep at room temperature. Serve the rest in two bowls, grate over 2 apples and pour over some cold milk (use nut milk if you're vegan) at the table. Save the other apples for the remaining muesli.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has porridge oats, flaked almonds, walnut piece, pumpkin seeds, ground cinnamon, raisins, puffed wheat, apples and milk.