- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 627
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 3.1g
Warm halloumi, chickpea & lime salad
- green-bean - 100g green bean, trimmed
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- red-chilli - 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- red-onion - 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- pepper - 2 ready-roasted peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- cherry-tomato - 100g cherry tomato, halved
- rocket - large handful rocket
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- halloumi-cheese - 140g halloumi cheese, sliced
- Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins until just tender, adding the chickpeas for the final min of cooking. Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and zest with 3 tbsp of the oil and the chilli. Season. Drain the chickpeas and beans and, while warm, toss with the dressing.
- Pour boiling water over the red onion, leave for 5 mins to soften, then drain and rinse. Add the peppers, tomatoes, rocket, parsley and softened onion to the bean bowl. Toss to coat everything in the dressing, then divide between 2 plates.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the halloumi slices and fry for about 1 min on each side until golden. Place a few warm halloumi slices on top of each salad and serve.
Easy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has green bean, chickpea, lime, extra-virgin olive oil, red chilli, red onion, pepper, cherry tomato, rocket, parsley and halloumi cheese.