- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 144
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.76g
Warm Mexican bean dip with tortilla chips
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- brown-sugar - 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- wine - 1 tsp wine vinegar
- cajun-seasoning - 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- bean - 400g tin mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- chopped-tomato - 400g tin chopped tomatoes, with garlic
- cheddar - handful grated cheddar
- tortilla-chip - 100g tortilla chips
- avocado - serve with chopped avocado (optional)
- Fry the chopped onion in olive oil until soft. Add soft brown sugar, wine vinegar and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 1 min then add the mixed beans and chopped tomatoes with garlic. Simmer for 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened then season.
- Scatter handful grated cheddar onto tortilla chips. Microwave on High for 1 min until cheese has melted. Serve alongside the dip (top with some chopped avocado if you like). Make ahead and reheat dip before guests arrive.
Healthy Mexican recipe for 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil, brown sugar, wine, cajun seasoning, bean, chopped tomato, cheddar, tortilla chip and avocado.