- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 421
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 45g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.33g
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour
- golden-caster-sugar - 180g golden caster sugar
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- ground-cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- buttermilk - 250g buttermilk
- eggs - 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- butter - 30g butter, melted
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- candy-melts - 300g pink candy melts
- candy-melts - 200g green candy melts
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- chocolate-chips - 30g dark chocolate chips
- 12-hole-doughnut-tin - 12-hole doughnut tin
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well with a whisk to distribute the cinnamon and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into a piping bag and fill the doughnut pan until each hole is approximately three quarters full. Do this in batches if needed.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until risen, golden brown and the tops are springy to the touch. Allow to cool for a couple of mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. If the doughnuts have lost their holes during baking use a small cutter or piping nozzle to recut them.
- Put your pink candy melts in a microwaveable bowl with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Melt at 30 second intervals at a medium heat until silky and completely melted. Spoon the pink candy melt over the top of each doughnut wiping off any drips that fall down the edge. Leave on a wire rack until set (about 5-10 mins). Do not throw away the excess pink!
- Meanwhile melt the green candy melts in the same way. Hold your doughnuts on the edge and roll them through the green candy melts only covering the outside not the pink. Leave to set.
- Cut the chocolate chips in half to create watermelon seed shapes. Dip a cocktail stick into the pink candy melt and mark out the spots to place your seeds then stick on the chocolate chips.
Kids’ baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has plain flour, golden caster sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, buttermilk, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, candy melts, candy melts, vegetable oil, chocolate chips and 12-hole doughnut tin.Add to Favourites