- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2 adults + 2 kids
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 42
- Fat Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Weaning recipe: Slow-cooked lamb & veg with sweet potato & carrot mash
- butter - knob of butter, for frying
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ground-coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- lamb-shank - 3 lamb shanks
- carrot - 4 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- celery - 2 sticks celery, cut into small chunks
- vegetable-stock - 750ml water or low sodium vegetable stock
- sweet-potato - 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Melt the butter in a big ovenproof casserole dish. Brown the lamb shank on all sides for a few minutes and then remove from the pan. Gently cook the onion for 7-8 mins until well softened, adding a little more butter if necessary. Add the garlic and cinnamon and cook for a further minute.
- Return the lamb shank to the pan, along with the carrot and celery. Pour in the water or veg stock (bear in mind water is better for baby). Bring to the boil, then put on the lid and transfer to the oven. Cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours until the lamb is very tender.
- Meanwhile wrap the sweet potatoes in tin foil and roast in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour until completely tender. Scoop out the insides and mash with a little butter. For baby, shred the meat into small pieces and serve with the soft vegetables and mash. Serve everyone else with a whole shank and some veg, spoon over a little of the cooking liquor and put a dollop of mash on the side.
Weaning recipe for 2 adults + 2 kids people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, onion, garlic cloves, ground cinnamon, ground coriander, lamb shank, carrot, celery, vegetable stock and sweet potato.