- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 39
- Fat Content: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.03g
Weaning recipe: Spinach, sweet potato & yellow split pea purée
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potato on a baking tray and roast in the oven for around 45 mins or until a knife easily inserts into the flesh.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in asaucepan, add the garam masala, if using, and cook for 1 min. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 mins until wilted. Remove from the saucepan. Add the split peas to the pan, then pour in enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, cook for 10 mins, then turn down the heat and simmer for another 20-30 mins until tender.
- Drain, then transfer to afood processoralong with the spinach and yogurt. Once the potato is cooked. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh. Add to the food processor. Pulse to combine. Serve one portion and divide the rest between small containers and freeze.
Weaning recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet potato, butter, garam masala, spinach, yellow split peas and yogurt.