- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 24
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 157
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.06g
Wedding cake – light fruit cake
- orange-flower-water - 2 tbsp orange flower water
- orange - zest and juice 1 orange
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- unsalted-butter - 140g unsalted butter, softened
- golden-caster-sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- egg - 2 large eggs, beaten
- plain-flour - 175g plain flour
- glace-cherry - 100g undyed glace cherry, halved
- dried-apricot - 100g dried apricot, roughly chopped
- peel - 100g mixed peel, chopped (we used Sundora)
- sultana - 100g golden sultana
- pistachio - 50g shelled pistachio, left whole
- stem-ginger - 50g (3 balls) stem ginger from a jar
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Grease and double-line the base and sides of a deep, 15cm cake tin. Wrap a double layer of greaseproof or brown paper around the outside of the tin, too, then secure with string.
- Using an electric whisk or a tabletop mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and light. Beat in the eggs gradually. In a small bowl, mix the orange flower water with the zest and juice of the orange and lemon. Fold the flour, then dried fruit, pistachioes and ginger into the creamed mix, followed by the juice and zest mix.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 30 mins, then turn oven down to 150C/ fan 130C/gas 2 and bake for another 1 hr 45 mins until risen, golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 15 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cake will keep well wrapped in a cool place for up to 1 month.
Wedding cake recipe for 24 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has orange flower water, orange, lemon, unsalted butter, golden caster sugar, egg, plain flour, glacé cherry, dried apricot, peel, sultana, pistachio and stem ginger.Add to Favourites