- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 189
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.79g
Welsh rarebit muffins
- self-raising-flour - 225g self-raising flour
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1/2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- salt - 1/4 tsp salt
- mustard - 1/2 level tsp mustard powder
- cheese - 100g strong cheese, half grated, half cubed
- vegetable-oil - 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- greek-yogurt - 150g Greek yogurt
- milk - 125ml milk
- egg - 1 egg
- worcestershire-sauce - 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Mix together the self-raising and plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and mustard powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, oil, yogurt, milk, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients and divide between the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden. Remove and cool slightly on a rack.
- What you need: Ask the kids to help get everything ready, weighing scales, measuring jug, fork, 2 mixing bowls, 12 paper muffin cases, muffin tin, cheese grater, sharp knife, tablespoon, cooling rack.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, mustard, cheese, vegetable oil, greek yogurt, milk, egg and worcestershire sauce.