- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 489
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 69g
- Sugar Content: 5.3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 2.29g
- basmati-rice - 300g basmati rice
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- bacon - 3-4 rashers bacon, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 onion, finely chopped, and 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- butter - 25g butter
- pea - 140g frozen peas
- chicken - 175g leftover cooked chicken, shredded
- tomato - 3-4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Boil a pan of water, then add the rice. Cook for 8-10 mins until cooked but still firm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan. Fry the bacon pieces until crisp and tip onto a plate. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Drain the rice then add to the pan with the crispy bacon, butter, frozen peas and chicken. Heat through, stirring all the time until piping hot. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, soy sauce and seasoning, if it needs it, to finish.
Student recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has basmati rice, oil, bacon, garlic clove, butter, pea, chicken, tomato and soy sauce.