- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 395
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
White velvet soup with smoky almonds
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- leek - 2 leeks, trimmed so they're mostly white in colour, washed well, then sliced (about 240g)
- cauliflower - 200g cauliflower, chopped
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- cannellini-beans - 400g cannellini beans, rinsed
- nutmeg - fresh nutmeg, for grating
- whole-milk - 100ml whole milk
- almonds - 25g whole almonds, chopped
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- rye-bread - 2 x 25g slices rye bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a largepan. Add the garlic, leeks and cauliflower and cook for about 5 mins, stirring frequently, until starting to soften (but not colouring).
- Stir in the vegetable bouillon and beans, pour in 600ml boiling water and add a few generous gratings of the nutmeg. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins until the leeks and cauliflower are tender. Add the milk and blitz with ahand blenderuntil smooth and creamy.
- Put the almonds in a dry pan and cook very gently for 1 min, or until toasted, then remove from the heat. Scatter the paprika over the almonds and mix well. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the spicy nuts and serve with the rye bread.
Soup recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, garlic clove, leek, cauliflower, vegetable bouillon powder, cannellini beans, nutmeg, whole milk, almonds, smoked paprika and rye bread.