- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 603
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Whole roasted cauliflower with red wine, shallots & wheatberries
- cauliflower - 1 large head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- mustard-seeds - 1 tsp mustard seeds
- banana-shallot - 3 large banana shallots, quartered
- portobello-mushroom - 4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- thyme - 2 tsp thyme leaves
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red-wine - 150ml red wine
- young-leaf-spinach - 100g young leaf spinach
- wheatberry - 350g wheatberries
- vegetable-stock - 1l hot vegetable stock
- hazelnuts - 50g hazelnuts (skin on), roughly chopped
- pink-peppercorn - 1/2 tsp crushed pink peppercorns
- parmesan - 50g vegetarian parmesan, finely grated
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Sit the cauliflower head upside down on a chopping board and cut the tough stem away. Leave some of the base so that the cauliflower remains intact.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish on a low-medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and, once they begin to 'pop', add the shallots. Fry gently for 4-5 mins until starting to caramelise, then add the mushrooms, thyme and garlic, and cook for a further 4-5 mins, stirring every so often. Pour in the wine and reduce by half. Stir in the spinach and allow the leaves to wilt.
- Next, add the wheatberries, season well and combine. Make a well in the centre and put the cauliflower in the middle. Pour the stock around - not over - the caulifower, then season.
- Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 50 mins-1 hr until the cauliflower and wheatberries are tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the hazelnuts, peppercorns and Parmesan over the cauliflower. Return to the oven for a further 5 mins, then serve.
Healthy Christmas recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has cauliflower, olive oil, mustard seeds, banana shallot, portobello mushroom, thyme, garlic clove, red wine, young leaf spinach, wheatberry, vegetable stock, hazelnuts, pink peppercorn and parmesan.