- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 671
- Fat Content: 56g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.96g
Wild mushroom lasagne with a parmesan cream
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- wild-mushroom - 600g wild mushrooms
- unsalted-butter - 50g unsalted butter, plus extra knob for frying
- flour - 50g flour
- milk - 500ml milk
- egg-yolk - 2 egg yolks
- gruyere - 25g gruyere or vegetarian alternative, grated
- cheddar - 25g large sheets fresh cheddar or vegetarian alternative, grated
- pasta - 3 3 large sheets fresh pasta (about 12 x 20cm), cooked
- double-cream - 200ml double cream
- butter - 100g butter
- parmesan - 50g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated
- milk - a little milk
- pepper - 3 mixed peppers, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- olive-oil - olive oil, for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the mushrooms for a few mins until lightly browned. Drain, return to the pan with the knob of butter, toss through, then season and set aside.
- Melt 50g butter in a small pan until foaming, add the flour, stirring well, and cook for 1 min. Stir in the milk and cook for about 4 mins, stirring continuously, until thickened. Whisk in the egg yolks and heat until bubbling. Remove from heat, stir in gruyere and cheddar, season, then fold through the mushrooms.
- To assemble, line a terrine or loaf tin (about 12 x 20cm) with cling film. Place a sheet of cooked pasta onto the base and spread over half of the mushroom mix. Add another sheet of pasta, pressing down firmly, before spreading remaining mushroom mix on top and covering with the last sheet of pasta. Cover with cling film, directly onto the pasta, and sit something flat on top to weigh down. Chill for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- For the parmesan cream, bring the cream and butter to the boil, then remove from the heat and whisk in the parmesan. Cover with cling film and chill. If it gets too thick, thin with a bit of milk.
- For the confit peppers, put the pepper slices into a deep pan and add just enough olive oil to cover and a pinch of salt. Cook gently on a low heat for about 20 mins until soft, then drain.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the lasagne out onto a board, remove the cling film and cut into 6 slices. Space portions out on a baking tray, drizzle 1 tbsp of parmesan cream over each and bake for 12-20 mins until hot. Serve with another drizzle of parmesan cream, the confit peppers and a salad.
Lasagne recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, wild mushroom, unsalted butter, flour, milk, egg yolk, gruyère, cheddar, pasta, double cream, butter, parmesan, milk, pepper and olive oil.