- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 560
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Wild mushroom & ricotta rice with rosemary & thyme
- dried-porcini-mushrooms - 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- button-mushrooms - 200g pack small button mushrooms
- thyme-leaves - 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- rosemary - 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- garlic-cloves - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- brown-basmati-rice - 170g brown basmati rice
- leeks - 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- ricotta - 50g ricotta
- vegetarian-italian-style-hard-cheese - 15g vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, finely grated
- parsley - parsley, to serve
- Put the dried mushrooms in a measuring jug and pour over 800ml boiling water. Stir in the balsamic and bouillon. Leave to soak.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and fry the onion for 8 mins until soft and golden. Add the button mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Pour in the dried mushrooms and liquid, then stir in the rice and leeks.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender but still nutty. Remove from the heat, then stir in the ricotta and grated cheese, and serve scattered with parsley leaves.
Vegetarian main course recipe for 2 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has dried porcini mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, vegetable bouillon powder, rapeseed oil, onion, button mushrooms, thyme leaves, rosemary, garlic cloves, brown basmati rice, leeks, ricotta, vegetarian italian-style hard cheese and parsley.