- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 648
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Sugar Content: 42g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Winter apple & squash panzanella
- butternut-squash - 1/2 large butternut squash, cut into chunks
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sage-leaf - 6 sage leaves, chopped
- apple - 2 apples, cored and sliced into slim wedges
- clear-honey - 3 tbsp clear honey
- red-wine-vinegar - 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- crusty-bread - 200g leftover crusty bread (we used ciabatta), torn into chunks
- hazelnuts - 100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- kale - 200g bag chopped kale
- cranberry - 100g dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the squash on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and scatter over the sage and some seasoning. Toss together, then bake for 30 mins.
- Add the apple slices to the tray, drizzle over the honey and toss with the squash. Put the bread on a separate tray and return both trays to the oven. Bake for another 10-15 mins until the squash and apple are tender and starting to caramelise, and the bread is crisp. Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a small pan until golden. Remove the trays from the oven and set aside to cool a little.
- Whisk the remaining oil, the honey and vinegar in a large bowl with some seasoning. Add the kale, cranberries, hazelnuts, squash apples and toasted bread. Toss everything together, then transfer to a platter or plates to serve.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, extra virgin olive oil, sage leaf, apple, clear honey, red wine vinegar, crusty bread, hazelnuts, kale and cranberry.