- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 10 with other dishes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 132
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.02g
Winter leaf & parsnip salad with walnuts
- parsnip - 4 parsnips, sliced into 1cm rounds
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- walnut - 100g walnut halves
- chicory - 3 large heads chicory or radicchio, leaves separated
- mixed-salad-leaves - 200g mixed salad leaves, such as baby spinach and watercress
- vinaigrette - John Torode's vinaigrette (see below)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips with the oil in a roasting tin, then roast for 20-25 mins until golden and tender. Add the nuts and roast for 15 mins more until the nuts are coloured. Take from the oven and cool. Can be cooked up to 2 days ahead.
- Put all the leaves, parsnips and nuts into a large serving bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette according to the recipe below and serve on the side - this way your guests can add their own dressing, and your salad won't go soggy if it's not eaten straight away.
Brain-boosting recipe for 10 with other dishes people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has parsnip, vegetable oil, walnut, chicory, mixed salad leaves and vinaigrette.