- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 265
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 3.7g
- soy-sauce - 100ml soy sauce
- mirin - 100ml mirin
- sake - 50ml sake
- caster-sugar - 2 tbsp caster sugar
- chicken - 500g boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 3cm chunks
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, each cut into three
- bamboo-skewers - 4 flat teppo gushi bamboo skewers (available from amazon.co.uk)
- Soak the skewers in a bowl of water while you prepare everything else, to prevent them from burning. Tip the soy, mirin, sake and sugar into a smallsaucepan, and cook over a medium heat for about 15 mins until the sauce is glossy.
- Remove the skewers from the water and thread each one with a piece of chicken, followed by a piece of spring onion. Repeat twice more so the skewer is well stacked. Fill all four skewers.
- Heat a largefrying panover a medium heat - you want to cook the chicken fairly gently so it soaks up the sauce. Put the skewers in the pan, then brush with the sauce. Cook for 10 mins, turning regularly and brushing in all the sauce. Serve immediately.
Japanese recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has soy sauce, mirin, sake, caster sugar, chicken, spring onion and bamboo skewers.