- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 725
- Fat Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- courgette - 1 medium courgette, cut into small chunks
- carrot - 1 medium carrot, cut into small chunks
- red-onion - 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- mushroom - 85g mushroom, quartered
- cherry-tomato - handful cherry tomatoes (about 8)
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- paprika - 1/2 tsp paprika
- chilli-flakes - 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- chicken-thigh - 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- couscous - 50g couscous
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley or mint, roughly chopped
- sweet-chilli-sauce - drizzle sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the vegetables and garlic on a baking tray. Season well, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle the spices and some seasoning over the chicken thighs, then rub into the skin and flesh. Drizzle a little oil over the skin and nestle the thighs among the veg. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are starting to crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- About 10 mins before the chicken and vegetables are done, put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- Fork through the couscous to separate the grains. Toss the vegetables and parsley or mint through the couscous, season, then transfer to a serving plate. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, if you like.
7-a-day recipe for 1 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has courgette, carrot, red onion, mushroom, cherry tomato, garlic clove, olive oil, paprika, chilli flakes, chicken thigh, couscous, parsley and sweet chilli sauce.