- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 394
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 36g
Almond & lemon meringue roulade Recipe
Almond & lemon meringue roulade is a Retro party recipe for 6 - 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has egg white, caster sugar and almond extract.
- White Wine Vinegar - 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Caster Sugar - 225g caster sugar
- Ground Almond - 50g ground almond
- Strawberry - 3 strawberries, halved, to decorate
- Double Cream - 300ml double cream
- Flaked Almond - 1 tbsp toasted flaked almond
- Icing Sugar - 1-2 tbsp icing sugar
- Egg White - 4 large egg whites
- Almond Extract - 1 tsp almond extract
- Lemon Curd - 6 tbsp lemon curd
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line a Swiss roll tin (about 23 x 30cm) with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Slowly add the sugar, still whisking, until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the almond extract, vinegar and ground almonds until lightly incorporated. Pour into the Swiss roll tin and smooth over, tapping the tin to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until the top is golden and feels firm and set. Remove from oven, cover with baking parchment and a damp tea towel. Leave to cool.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick. Spoon a third into a piping bag and set aside. Invert the roulade onto a large sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully peel off lining paper and spread over the lemon curd, then spread over the rest of the cream.
- Roll up carefully, using the paper to help you. Pipe the remaining cream on top of the roulade, and decorate with flaked almonds and strawberry halves.