- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Roasted beetroot & egg salad Recipe
Roasted beetroot & egg salad is a Cheap eat recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has beetroot, olive oil and sherry vinegar.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Egg - 2 eggs
- Beetroot - 200g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into wedges
- Dill - a few stalks of dill, most finely chopped, a few small fronds picked for garnish
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Creme Fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Bread - 2 slices bread and butter, to serve
- Sherry Vinegar - 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Hazelnut - 1 tbsp roasted chopped hazelnut
- Lamb'S Lettuce - 70g bag lamb's lettuce
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pop the beetroot in a roasting tin, add half the oil, 2 tsp of the vinegar, the honey and seasoning. Roast for 20-25 mins, tossing twice until sticky. Leave to cool for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in boiling water. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins, then run under cold water to cool. Peel and halve.
- Mix the remaining oil, creme fraiche, mustard, the final tsp of vinegar and chopped dill together. Toss the lamb's lettuce in the dressing, and arrange on plates with the roasted beetroot and egg. Scatter with a few more dill fronds and tumble over the nuts. Serve with bread and butter.