- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 164
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.77g
- pine-nut - 50g pine nut
- salad-leaf - 2 x 110g packs salad leaves (we used bistro salad with red chard)
- sunblush-tomato - 200g SunBlush tomato, roughly chopped
- black-olive - 200g black olive (nicoise are great)
- sundried-tomato - 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive-oil - 5 tbsp olive oil
- The day before, make the dressing. Mix the tomato paste and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to form a smooth emulsion and season to taste. Store it in a screw-top jar if you want to get ahead and rewhisk before using on the night.
- The pine nuts can be dealt with the day before to save time. Heat a small frying pan, tip in the nuts and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning them frequently until they smell nutty and are nicely browned.
- To serve, put the leaves in a large bowl with the tomatoes and olives. Pour in the dressing and mix well, then divide between eight glasses and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
Low-carb snack recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has pine nut, salad leaf, sunblush tomato, black olive, sundried tomato, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.Add to Favourites