- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 397
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Baked rabbit & chorizo rice Recipe
Baked rabbit & chorizo rice is a Tapas recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rabbit, white wine and olive oil.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Parsley - bunch parsley, chopped
- Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Thyme - bunch thyme
- Frozen Pea - 200g frozen pea
- Chicken Stock - 850ml fresh chicken stock
- Saffron - pinch of saffron, soaked in 2 tbsp boiling water
- White Wine - glass of white wine (about 125ml)
- Chorizo - 200g cooking chorizo
- Paella Rice - 200g paella rice
- Rabbit - 1 rabbit, portioned
- Cut the rabbit into about 20 small pieces (leave the bone in - ask your butcher to do this). Marinate in the wine, olive oil and thyme for 1 hr, or overnight if you can.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain the rabbit from the marinade, reserving the liquid. Heat some oil in a shallow, flameproof casserole and sizzle the chorizo until crisp. Remove the chorizo and drain off the excess oil from the dish. Brown the rabbit pieces in 2 batches and set aside. Add the onion and garlic, cook until soft, then stir in the paprika and tomato puree. Stir in the rice, then pour over the reserved marinade, the stock and saffron.
- Nestle the rabbit into the rice with the chorizo, cover, bring to the boil, then bake for 40-50 mins, or until the rice and rabbit are tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir through the frozen peas to defrost, then serve scattered with parsley.