- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 783
- Carbohydrate Content: 136g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 31g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 69g
Baked sweet potatoes & beans Recipe
Baked sweet potatoes & beans is a Healthy sweet potato recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sweet potato, paprika and olive oil.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- Soured Cream - 4 tbsp light soured cream, to serve
- Tomato - 400g chopped tomatoes
- Paprika - 1 tbsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Bean - 2 x 400g cans mixed beans in water, drained
- Sweet Potato - 4 small sweet potatoes
- Worcestershire Sauce - splash of Worcestershire sauce (Lancashire sauce is a veggie option)
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, then cook them in the microwave on High for 8 mins or until soft. Rub with 1 tsp of the paprika, 1 tsp of the oil and some seasoning. Transfer to a baking tray, put in the oven and cook for 10-15 mins until crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the beans. Cook the onion in the remaining oil until soft. Add the garlic, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining paprika, and cook for a further 1-2 mins until sticky. Tip in the beans, tomatoes and a splash of water, and simmer until the sweet potatoes are ready.
- Serve the sweet potatoes with the beans on top, a dollop of soured cream and a pinch of paprika, if you like.