- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 460
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Banoffee muffins with cream & salted caramel
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for the tin
- bananas - 4 ripe bananas
- natural-yogurt - 50g full-fat natural yogurt, plus 2 tbsp
- spelt-flour - 100g spelt flour
- plain-flour - 120g plain flour
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- cardamom - 1 tsp ground cardamom
- eggs - 2 eggs
- golden-caster-sugar - 160g golden caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- walnuts - 40g walnuts, broken
- double-cream - 200ml double cream
- unsalted-butter - 40g unsalted butter, diced
- double-cream - 150ml double cream
- light-muscovado-sugar - 130g light muscovado sugar
- sea-salt - generous pinch sea salt
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prepare a muffin tin by thoroughly buttering and lining with cases. In a bowl, mash three bananas, then stir in 50g yogurt. In another bowl, sift in the flours, baking powder, cardamom and a pinch of salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and sugar to the bowl of astand mixer, then whisk until pale and frothy - about 3 mins. Slowly pour in the melted butter in a steady stream, then add the vanilla. Turn the speed down, then add the flour mixture, 2 tbsp at a time, alternating with the yogurt and banana mix, until everything is incorporated. Mix in the walnuts for no longer than 20 seconds. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the salted caramel by heating the butter, cream and sugar in a non-stick pan until simmering. Remove from the heat, then add the salt - you want enough to pique the sauce, but it shouldn't taste salty.
- Once the muffins are cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Whip the cream to soft peaks, fold through 2 tbsp yogurt and slice the final banana. Spoon or pipe the cream onto the muffins. Top with the sliced banana and drizzle with salted caramel.
Easy muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, bananas, natural yogurt, spelt flour, plain flour, baking powder, cardamom, eggs, golden caster sugar, vanilla extract, walnuts, double cream, unsalted butter, double cream, light muscovado sugar and sea salt.