- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 892
- Carbohydrate Content: 85g
- Fat Content: 44g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Battered haddock & pesto wrap Recipe
Battered haddock & pesto wrap is a Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has haddock fillet, plain flour and vegetable oil.
- Tortilla Wraps - tortilla wraps, salad leaves and sliced cucumber, to serve
- Vegetable Oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove
- Parmesan - 20-25g chunk of parmesan, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 80ml olive oil
- Lemon - 1/4 lemon, juiced
- Basil - 50g basil, leaves picked
- Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Plain Flour - plain flour, for coating
- Baking Powder - 10g baking powder
- Cornflour - 100g cornflour
- Pine Nuts - small handful of toasted pine nuts
- Haddock Fillet - 4 haddock fillet
- For the pesto, whizz all ingredients in ablender, slowly pouring in the oil while blending until it forms a smooth, nutty paste. Season well and add a splash of water if it's too thick. Set aside.
- For the lemon mayo, mix all the ingredients together and season.
- To make the batter, sift the flours together, thenwhisk, while slowly adding water. Continue until your batter is a thick but runny consistency. It should stick to your finger when you dip it in. Season.
- Set a deep-fat fryer to 180C, or in a large pan filled no more than a third full, heat the oil until a piece of bread browns in 20 seconds. Meanwhile, check the haddock fillets for bones, season them and coat them in plain flour. Then dip each fillet in to the batter until each has a good coating. Place the fillets in to thedeep-fat fryeror pan (make sure you give it a gentle shake so it doesn't stick to the bottom). Cook until the batter becomes brown and crisp, around 4 mins. Remove and place on kitchen roll to soak up any oil.
- To assemble, spread each tortilla with some of the pesto, then a tablespoon of lemon mayo. Add a handful of salad leaves and the cucumber, then top with the fish and more pesto. Season, wrap up and serve.