- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 448
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 1g
BBQ chicken pizza
- wholemeal-flour - 250g wholemeal flour, plus a little for kneading if necessary
- yeast - 1 tsp instant yeast
- salt - 1/4 tsp salt
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for greasing
- peppers - pack of 3 peppers
- onion - 1 large onion
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- fennel-seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- barbecue-sauce - 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- skinless-chicken-breast - 1 large skinless chicken breast fillet (about 225g), diced
- baby-plum-tomato - 175g baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- applewood-smoked-cheese - 50g Applewood smoked cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the flour into a mixer with a dough hook, or a bowl. Add the yeast, salt, oil and 200ml warm water then mix well to a very soft dough. Knead in the food mixer for about 5 mins, but if making this by hand, tip onto a work surface and knead for about 10 mins. The dough is sticky, but try not to add too much extra flour. Leave in the bowl and cover with a tea towel while you halve and slice the peppers and onions.There is no need to prove the dough for a specific time, just let it sit while you make the topping.
- For the topping: toss the peppers and onions with the oil and fennel seeds then roast for 15 mins. Meanwhile mix the barbecue sauce and tomato puree with 5 tbsp water.
- Take the dough from the bowl and press into the base and up the sides of an oiled 25x35cm Swiss roll tin. Don't knead the dough first otherwise it will be too elastic and will keep shrinking back. Spread with two thirds of the barbecue sauce mix then add the remainder to the chicken and toss well to coat it.
- Take the roasted pepper mixture from the oven and spread on top of the pizza. Scatter over the tomatoes then evenly spoon on the barbecue chicken. Scatter with the cheese and bake for 15 mins. Serve with a salad or healthy coleslaw.
Healthy takeaway recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has wholemeal flour, yeast, salt, rapeseed oil, peppers, onion, rapeseed oil, fennel seeds, barbecue sauce, tomato purée, skinless chicken breast, baby plum tomato and applewood smoked cheese.