- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 281
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
BBQ rainbow beef salad
- sirloin-steak - 2 x 250g sirloin sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- lime - 2 limes, juiced
- sesame-oil - 2 tbsp sesame oil
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- bird's-eye-chillies - 3 red bird's eye chillies, 2 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
- little-gem-lettuce - 4 Little Gem lettuces
- radish - 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- carrot - 3 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, cut into ribbons using a peeler
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- avocado - 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- mixed-sesame-seeds - 1/2 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- Remove the steak from the fridge 1 hr before you're ready to cook to bring it up to room temperature. Just before cooking, make the salad dressing bywhiskingtogether the ginger, garlic, lime juice, oil, soy and chopped chillies in a bowl.
- Put the steaks on thebarbecueand cook on one side for 3 mins, then turn and cook for 3 mins on the other side for medium rare. Alternatively, fry your steaks in a frying pan or griddle pan for 3 mins each side. After cooking, cover and rest the meat for 5 mins.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, radishes, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and avocado on a sharing plate. Slice the steak against the grain into thin slices and lay on top of the salad. Drizzle over any resting juices and the dressing. Garnish with the sesame seeds and the sliced red chilli.
Healthy lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 6 mins; recipe has sirloin steak, ginger, garlic clove, lime, sesame oil, soy sauce, bird’s eye chillies, little gem lettuce, radish, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, avocado and mixed sesame seeds.