- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 737
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Fat Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 49g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 3.61g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Beef, cheese & broad bean quesadillas
- broad-bean - 140g frozen broad bean, podded if you want
- rump-steak - 2 sirloin or rump steaks, weighing about 450g/1lb in total
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- cheddar - 200g medium cheddar, grated
- tortilla - 8 flour tortillas
- jalapeno-pepper - 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- tomato - 1 large tomato, chopped
- coriander - 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- salsa - salsa, to serve (optional)
- Half-fill a ridged pan or frying pan with water, bring to the boil, then cook the beans for 1 min before draining. Dry the pan.
- Brush steaks with oil and season. Fry in the pan over a high heat for 2-3 mins on each side, then thinly slice.
- Divide the cheese over one half of each tortilla, then top with the steak, broad beans, jalapenos, tomato and coriander. Fold over the other half of the tortilla to make 8 half-moon shapes and press down to seal. Brush the tops with a little more oil.
- Heat the frying pan over a high heat and cook the quesadillas, oiled-side down, in batches for 1-2 mins until crisp. Brush the uncooked sides with remaining oil, then carefully flip over and cook for 1-2 mins more. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, if you like.
Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has broad bean, rump steak, olive oil, cheddar, tortilla, jalapeño pepper, tomato, coriander and salsa.