- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 273
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Beef & chorizo empanadas
- plain-flour - 375g plain flour
- butter - 220g chilled butter, chopped
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- chorizo-sausage - 100g cooking chorizo sausage
- beef-mince - 300g beef mince
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander, finely chopped
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley, finely chopped
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Tip the flour into a bowl with 1 tsp salt and add the butter. Rub the butter and flour with your fingertips until crumbly. Add the eggs and 100ml cold water, bring together to a dough then turn out onto a floured surface and begin to knead until soft and smooth. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge to rest for 20 mins.
- Remove the chorizo from its casing and add to a mixing bowl with the mince, onion, coriander, parsley, paprika, cumin and chilli flakes. Mix everything together, then cook in afrying panover a medium heat for 2 mins. Add the tomato puree and cook for a further 7-10 mins until everything is cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Divide the dough into four portions and roll out each one into a thin sheet. Use a 10cm biscuit cutter to cut out discs. Place 1 tsp of filling in the centre of each disc, wet the edges, pinch both sides up and fold in half to seal. Use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Arrange on a linedbaking tray, brush with beaten egg and bake for 20 mins. When the empanadas are ready, remove from the oven and cool for 5 mins before serving.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has plain flour, butter, egg, chorizo sausage, beef mince, onion, coriander, parsley, smoked paprika, ground cumin, chilli flakes and tomato purée.